Ferry on Demand ( FoD) kiosk
With over 85,000 employees worldwide, Transdev is a truly world-class player in the mobility market, they are a Group with a solid business base operating in 20 countries.
In February 2019 Transdev was award the $1.3 billion contract from the NSW Government for Sydney Ferries. This contract included an “On Demand” ferry trial connecting wharves like Rozelle Bay and Blackwattle Bay to larger transport interchanges like Pyrmont and Barangaroo where commuters can join either a main ferry route or jump on to a bus service.
The learnings from the “On Demand” ferry trial will then be used to refine the service and potentially introduce additional On Demand zones.
In less than four months, Neo Products conceptualised and design the approved solution.
The kiosk is to provides an on-demand service for Sydney Ferries and real-time timetable schedules.
- All weather marine grade construction (stainless steel & galvanisation)
- 8” touch hi-brightness LCD screen, using an Android app on a Raspberry Pi
- Solar powered, including an allowance for 68 hours of battery “only” operation
- Custom design electronics for solar, battery and systems management
- 4G Telstra connectivity
- Installation of the first units is scheduled for September 23rd across Sydney Harbour